~ Last Updated: May 24, 2018
This Site is owned and operated by Alicia Youngken, the founder and designer behind Feather & Sage Design Co. We are a small independent design studio, specializing in unique pre-made digital resources, and ready made assets for businesses, bloggers, and creatives, based in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
1. Personal iNFORMATION we COLLECT
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to,
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized and provide to us), such as:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your postal address;
- your payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering (including your billing address or PayPal account or bank details, as appropriate);
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (ie: for a custom order), if you contact us directly.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related services, and/or activities.
2. Web browser cookies
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
3. How we use collected information
Feather & Sage Design Co. collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails or codespond. The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
- To fulfill Legal obligations. If necessary to comply with a legal obligations or a court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
4. How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
5. INFORMATION SHARING DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to the operation of my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances in order to operate my business, as follows:
- Fulfill business obligations. We share information as necessary to provide you with my services, correspond to inquiries, communicate support for my products and services, and to fulfill orders;
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Squarespace and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Advertising. Analyze your interactions with our Services and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you. For example, we may decide not to advertise our Services to you on a social media site if you already signed up for Paid Services or we may choose to serve you a particular advertisement based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Improving our Services. Analyze and learn about how the Services are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protection. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g., to protect our Users from abuse).
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Complying with law. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests; (b) (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
6. DATA RETENTION
I retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with my services as described herein. When you place an order through our Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. However, I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. I generally keep your data for the following time period: 7 years.
7. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE EU
As with existing law, the GDPR requires that certain safeguards be put in place when transferring personal data outside the EU. I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield, which allows us to lawfully transfer EU and Swiss personal data to the US. You can read more about Squarespace’s Privacy Shield certifications here.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
- Decline. You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case we may not be able to provide or fulfill certain services to you.
Your use of this website and content is voluntary. You shall indemnify us, Alicia Youngken (d/b/a Feather & Sage Design Co), and our affiliates, distributors, licensors, and agents and all of our and their directors, employees, and agents against, holding all harmless from any and all lawsuits, claims, expenses (including reasonable legal fees), settlements, damages, judgments and the like arising from your use of this site and content.
10. GOVERNING LAWS
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the state of Georgia the United States of America (USA) and the courts of Georgia, USA shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine any dispute arising in relation to this Agreement.
13. Third party websites
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. Users may find advertising, Affiliate links or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
14. Compliance with children's online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. All website users must be at least 13 years old or of necessary age in their country of residence.
By using our website, you hereby consent to these Terms, including our product license terms. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site.
Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
17. CONTACTING US
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alicia Youngken, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us using the contact form. Alternately, you may contact us via direct email at:
featherandsage [at] gmail.com